- Ideal for reluctant readers, ELL, ESL, and adult literacy students with content tailored for ease of comprehension and vocabulary building.
- Makes content more accessible to readers of all levels and helps you differentiate instruction in any learning environment.
- Optimized for iPads and the most popular Android devices.
Take a look inside Discover!
Discover features two reading levels for each article: a simplified article (from our World Book Discover encyclopedia) and a detailed article. Users can easily toggle between the two reading levels with the click of a button!
Built in tools for accommodation make content accessible to a variety of learning styles.
In addition, Discover helps these learners navigate the research process by providing tutorials for how to find, evaluate, and organize information as well as cite sources.
Discover has many features designed to give all learners access to the information they need:
- The home page features changing content designed to spark inquiry such as Did You Know? and Today in History which offer fun facts about interesting topics.
- Make learning fun with hundreds of educational games & awards. Users can earn awards or compete to beat their own best score!
- Integrations with eBooks, if included in the subscription.
- World Book Explains videos, which feature experts answering questions on high-interest topics.
- Research tools such as How to Do Research and My Research help users navigate the research process and digitally organize sources.
- Users can translate articles into 100+ languages or have them read aloud in English. See the list of available translation languages here.
- Access to Timelines, if included in the subscription, which offers hundreds of pre-generated timelines across eight broad topics, which cover various time periods in history or span the life of historical public figures.
- The rich, interactive Life Skills Center offers practical tips on such topics as applying for jobs, budgeting, arranging housing, health care issues, social skills, and more.
- See correlations to Common Core, state, and provincial standards.
For additional information, questions, or other feedback email
training at email@example.com.