World Book's Fivefold Plan
World Book's fivefold plan for major articles brings together five basic elements: a complete story; visual aids; related articles; an outline; and comprehension questions and study aids.
1. The complete story gives readers a solid foundation of information about a subject.
2. A wide variety of visual aids clarifies meaning and reinforces learning.
3. A list of related World Book articles encourages readers to broaden their study of a subject.
4. An outline gives readers an overall view of the article and shows the inter-relationship of its topics
5. Questions and other study aids help readers review important information for the article.