Trek's Travels offers a wealth of resources to help young learners master critical early childhood themes, develop vocabulary and comprehension, and use technology in an exciting interactive learning environment. Developed especially for the youngest learners, Trek's Travels features stories, games, videos, activities, and comprehensive educator materials.
The lesson-enriched stories in Trek's Travels feature narration by human voices and word-by-word highlighting, making the content accessible to emergent readers of all abilities. Resources from Trek's Travels can be easily integrated into the classroom curriculum, from group instruction to independent and small group study.
1. Trek's Travels engages children with fun, simple navigation. The home page takes the appearance of a fantasy map. Eleven early childhood themes are represented by fun places, including Color Castle, Number Geyser, and Places Oasis. Click on any of these for narrated stories, games, and videos related to the selected theme.
2. Roll over place names to hear them read aloud.
3. The Story Corner features a collection of fiction stories, nursery rhymes, and songs with accompanying read-aloud and word-by-word highlighting for vocabulary development, fluency improvement, and language practice.
4. Access the entire collection of Videos and Games from the home page.
5. Find printable materials for coloring, connecting-the-dots, and more in Print and Do Activities.
6. Play and download classic children's songs from the Sing-along collection.
7. Take a pre- or post-assessment on each theme by clicking the Quizzes button.