1. Search all encyclopedia, multimedia, periodical, e-book, and primary source databases in a single search, or use our image search to focus on the site’s rich multimedia.
2. Research tools, including dictionary, My Research, and powerful search and browse interfaces to locate e-books and primary sources, help users compile the data and information they need to complete their assignments and background research.
3. Customize your home page with the two newsfeeds of your choice through administrator configuration options.
4. Browse images from newly added articles. Click on the images for direct access to the latest World Book content.
5. Computer and Web Tutorials make technology accessible even to the most basic users.
6. The Life Skills section contains a wealth of practical information and real world examples to build skills for living.
7. Customized Government Resources display web links to local and federal government institutions.
8. Explore Interactive Earth to access World Book content integrated into Interactive Maps, the World Book Atlas, and comprehensive resource guides on continents, countries, states, and provinces.
9. Timelines gives users the option to view pre-made timelines or create their own.
10. Build citations in MLA, APA, and Harvard citation format with Citation Builder.
11. How to Do Research provides tutorials and exercises for students and educators on 21st century information literacy skills.