1. A powerful search interface retrieves content from the World Book Online Info Finder and World Book Online for Kids databases with a single search.
2. A video from the exclusive World Book Explores multimedia feature appears on the home page. Click on Virtual Tours for the full collection of video showcases covering exciting topics through videos, activities, images, articles, Web site links, and more.
3. Easily access local and international newspapers from the home page with the World Newspapers feature.
4. Customize your home page with the newsfeed of your choice through administrator configuration options.
5. Research Tools include How to Do Research, a step-by-step tutorial for research skills for students and educators, My Research, a personalized account to save research results, Citation Builder, a simple tool for creating MLA, APA, and Harvard citations, and a Timelines feature that gives students options to view pre-made timelines or create their own. Access primary sources and an E-book Center with select subscription packages.
6. Explore Interactive Earth to access World Book content integrated into Interactive Maps, the World Book Atlas, and comprehensive geography resource guides on continents, countries, states, and provinces.
7. World Book’s collection of Science Projects and experiments provide instruction and resources for long-term and last minute science fair projects.
8. The Biography Center includes more than 10,000 biographies, which are searchable by four criteria: occupation/area of work, gender, nationality/ethnicity, and time period.