Found on World Book Advanced's Educator Tools page, webquests are print-and-go activities designed to help build students' foundational knowledge by taking them on grade-range-correlated expeditions through World Book Online.
1. Topics are listed in bold text and in alphabetical order.
2. An explanatory paragraph introduces the content that the webquest will cover.
3. Choose "Take the Webquest!" to open the webquest. The webquest will automatically open in a separate tab for easy navigation between the topic page and the individual activities.
4. Each webquest opens as a PDF, making the full activity easy to save or print it for immediate use.
5. Users are introduced to each topic with an introductory paragraph that prompts them to relate to the topic through personal experience or with his or her imagination.
6. Users get easy-to-follow instructions to login to the database and locate the correct article.
7. Each webquest contains different activities that are developed with the topic and age of the user in mind. Activities may include finding facts, learning vocabulary, interpreting images, understanding videos, artistic creations, or playing games. All activities can be completed using the corresponding World Book Advanced article(s), as instructed on the webquest!
8. Webquest activities for the World Book Advanced database contain additional critical thinking activities and projects included at the end of the quest.
9. The Teacher Page provides suggested answers for each webquest.