Academic World Book offers a variety of tools and resources to enhance the research process.
Academic World Books My Research page is based on individual log-in and IDs set up by the user. A "forgot my password" function is available to help users who have lost their passwords.
1. World Book articles, primary sources, e-books, images, World Book selected websites, and citations from Citation Builder can be saved to a user's My Research page. In addition to World Book content, users can save bibliographies and external websites. The list of content types will display in the left-hand column.
2. The My Research page features a personalized welcome message.
3. Users can maintain multiple projects, rename and delete projects, and create shared pathfinders from research projects.
4. Users can delete entries, and can annotate each content piece with a notea reminder, a detail to follow up on later, or other information to save for later reference.
5. Choosing from a pull-down menu (not shown here) users choose the type of content for which they're creating a citation—for example, a book, podcast, or magazine.
6. After selecting a content type, the citation builder will display the fields that a user needs to fill in—for a book: the title, publication city, publisher, year of publication, and media.
7. Once these fields are filled out, clicking or tapping "Create citation" will create the citation in MLA, APA, and Harvard format.